FAQ for Nonprofits
1. What organizations are eligible to participate?
All Phelps County non-profit organizations, 501(C)(3), certain government organizations, schools and qualified fundholders of the Phelps County Community
Foundation are eligible to participate.
2. How do I register my nonprofit to participate?
Online visit: https://www.give2growphelps.org On the top right click the LOGIN button and select NONPROFIT. Simply fill out the application form and wait to hear from us via email.
3. How much does it cost to participate?
Participation in give2Grow is FREE.
4. How much of each donation will go to our organization?
Your organization will receive the full donation, less a flat rate of 2% to help cover processing costs. There will be no fees assessed on the incentive match pool of funds.
5. How will donations made on give2Grow be distributed?
Donations, bonus grants and match pool grants will be disbursed no later than December 31, 2017. Funds will be disbursed via check along with a check from the Incentive Match Pool. Donations made to fund holders at the Phelps County Community Foundation will have their contributions deposited directly into their corresponding fund. Each organization will receive a final report in the mail.
6. How do I view donor information?
On your personal page click the 'Donation Information' tab. Adjust the information displayed by showing or hiding donation information in the dropdown menu on the right of the screen.
On your personal page you may retrieve your donation information in a spreadsheet by clicking the 'Export' button on the lower right side of your
screen. You'll be prompted to open this document as a downloaded file.
To search for a specific donation, enter the last name of the donor in the corresponding search field.
The Phelps County Community Foundation will ensure that all donors receive receipt for their donation. If a donor contacts you for a receipt for a gift given online, you can generate a duplicate by clicking the 'Send Receipt' button to the right of the specific donation. This receipt will automatically be sent to the email address submitted when the donation was made.
7. Do I need to issue tax receipt to my donors?
No, donations made online through Civicore will be receipted by CiviCore. Donations delivered to the Phelps County Community Foundation office on November 16 will be receipted by the Phelps County Community Foundation. However, we do encourage you to send a thank you note to your donors letting them know how awesome they are and how much you appreciate their gift. We ask that you refrain from sending thank you notes to your donors until you have received your final report from the Phelps County Community Foundation.
8. What is the last day that I can sign up to participate in give2Grow?
The registration dealine is August 25, 2017
9. DATES TO REMEMBER:
• July 1: Registration Opens
• August 25: Registration closes
• October 1: Profile must be submitted
• October 16: Scheduled donations begin
• October 23: Last day to make changes or edits to your giving day page
• November 16: GIVING DAY
FAQs for Donors
1. What is give2Grow?
Give2Grow-Phelps County is a 24-hour fundraising event created to rally community support for local charitable causes. This unique one-day fundraiser is being organized and hosted by the Phelps County Community Foundation and will be held on Thursday, November 16 from 12:00 a.m. - midnight. Every donation made to participating groups, organizations and causes in Phelps County will be matched (in a pro-rated share) through a pool of funds provided by the Phelps County Community Foundation and local individuals and businesses.
2. What is the goal of give2Grow?
• To raise awareness of local charities, their mission and their needs;
• To generate mission-critical operating funds for local charities;
• To introduce new donors to our local non-profit organizations;
• To provide a platform for local non-profit organizations to tell their stories and educate our communities about the positive impact they have in our lives.
3. Who can contribute to give2Grow?
Any individual may donate. Donations to nonprofit organizations are tax deductible and irrevocable (donations will not be refunded). Contributions may be made via credit and debit card online, or e-check, using your computer or mobile device, at https://www.give2growphelps.org Individuals who would prefer to deliver their gifts personally may visit the Phelps County Community Foundation office from 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. on November 16 for assistance in making contributions.
4. How do I make a donation online?
On November 16 visit https://www.give2growphelps.org and search for the charities you wish to support.
5. How do I make a donation if I don't want to give online?
Donations will be accepted at the Phelps County Community Foundation office from 8:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. on November 16. Checks must be made payable to the Phelps County Community Foundation with your non-profit organization's name in the memo line. If you are giving to several organizations we will supply< you with a form that will allow you to make contributions to multiple organizations.
6. What if I won't be available to make a gift on November 16?
No worries! You may schedule gifts ahead of time beginning October 16. In order to schedule your gifts, you must create a donor profile because your gifts will not be processed until November 16. When you schedule your gift you will get a notification that your gift has been scheduled. Your gift receipt will be emailed to you on November 16.
7. Is there a minimum or maximum donation?
The minimum donation is $10. There is no maximum donation limit.
8. How much of my donation will go to the nonprofit?
The nonprofit organization will receive the full donation, less a flat rate of 2%, which helps cover processing costs. Each gift given to a nonprofit during give2Grow will receive a share of the matching pool of funds.
9. Who will receive my contact information?
The organization(s) you choose to support will receive donor name and contact information, unless the donor chooses to make an anonymous contribution. As host of Phelps County's give2Grow, the Phelps County Community Foundation will receive contact information for donors who participate in give2Grow and do not give anonymously. Your information will not be distributed or sold to any third party.
10. Can I get a refund?
All donations are final and cannot be refunded.